Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Primal Thanksgiving Menu

photo credits (from top left): ACW, ACW, ACW, Pinch of Yum, Oh My Veggies,

Since we're hosting Thanksgiving this year, I've been scouring the interwebs for delicious, wholesome, and unique grain-free dishes. I thought I would share my ideal menu with you. I probably won't actually make every single one of these, but it's fun to dream big. What's going to be on your Thanksgiving table? Feel free to leave links to your favorite recipes in the comments. Happy menu planning!


Starters


Broiled Feta with Caramelized Cinnamon Pears from How Sweet It Is (Vegetarian)--serve as-is or with gluten-free bread or crackers

Roasted Vegetable Soup (Paleo, Vegetarian)


Main Dishes


Sweet Potato & Kale Gratin (Vegetarian) from Oh My Veggies

Perfect Roasted Turkey (Paleo) from Our Paleo Life


Sides


Homemade Butter (Vegetarian)--Make yours in a turkey shape for an especially festive touch.

Paleo Cran-Cherry Sauce (Paleo, Vegetarian) from Nom Nom Paleo

Smoked Almond & Goat Cheese Salad from Pinch of Yum (Vegetarian)--I would add dried cranberries to this as well.

Chestnut Rosemary Stuffing (Paleo, Vegetarian) from Things My Belly Likes

Mashed Rutabaga & Squash with Roasted Garlic (Paleo, Vegan)

Caramelized Shallots (Paleo, Vegetarian)



Desserts


Chocolate Pecan Pie (Paleo) from Elana's Pantry

Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream (Paleo, Vegan)


Drinks


Mocha Mexicano (Paleo, Gluten-free, Vegan)

Apple Cider Hot Toddy from Cookie & Kate

**Did you know you can support A Calculated Whisk by clicking here to visit Amazon for your holiday shopping?  When you access Amazon through my link, I receive a very small commission based on any items you purchase.  It won't affect the prices you pay at all.  Thank you so much for your support!
Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you. Comments are moderated and sometimes take a few hours to appear.