Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Strawberry Moscato Fool


So, these pictures do not really convey how fresh and delicious this dessert was.  It's even almost healthy, because it has no sugar and is half fruit.  It has a splash of wine, which is great for your heart.  Also, it is fast and easy to make.  A FOOL could make this!  And, you would be a fool not to.


Ingredients (serves 2):

1 cup strawberries (I used frozen and didn't have time to defrost, so I popped them in the microwave)
1 teaspoon Stevia powder
1 1/2 tablespoons red Moscato
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup heavy cream

Blend the first four ingredients and set aside.  Whip the cream using a mixer until it holds stiff peaks.  Fold about half of the strawberry puree, or whatever amount you prefer, into the whipped cream.  Serve with additional strawberry puree on top.

I tried to make a marbled design on top of mine, and it looked slightly better than this in real life.

So, have you ever made a fool?  What kinds of fruit have you tried?  I am totally into this because it's the easiest dessert ever and I love to whip cream.  Maybe I'll try it with whipped coconut cream next time.


Yum

2 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous! I would love to have some! Yum

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you. Comments are moderated and sometimes take a few hours to appear.