Sunday, January 12, 2014

What I'm Cooking This Week (Whole30 Day 12)

I'm almost halfway done with my Whole30!  I'm going back to school tomorrow, so I've been trying to plan out this week's meals in advance.  I don't want to risk being tempted to pick up off-plan foods on campus.  Here's the roundup of what I'm planning to cook this week for dinner (I'll be packing up leftovers for lunch).  If you're curious about what I'll be eating in the morning, check out this post on prepping a week of paleo breakfasts.

Paleo Crockpot Beef Fajitas by Our Full Plate:  This one is in the crockpot right now!  I picked up iceberg lettuce to make lettuce wraps and am planning to make some guacamole to go on top.

photo from Guilty Kitchen

Green Curry Beef Mushroom Sliders by Guilty Kitchen:  Green curry is my favorite kind of curry, so when this recipe popped up on my Feedly, I knew I had to try it.  All the ingredients except ground beef and mushrooms are things I always have in my kitchen, so I only have two things to pick up at the store.  I'll probably make these tomorrow night.  I might make orange-glazed brussels sprouts to go with, because they were SO delicious and Ben didn't get to try them.

Thyme-Braised Short Ribs by The Clothes Make the Girl:  I've been wanting to make these ever since I got my copy of Well Fed 2 (an amazing cookbook for your Whole30 or healthy eating anytime).  In the recipe post, there are links to download a pdf of the recipe and a sample from the cookbook.



photo from Everyday Paleo

Beyond Easy Pulled Pork by Everyday Paleo:  I can't resist an easy recipe for pulled pork.  I'll be letting the slow-cooker do the work for this one while I spend the day at school.  I'll probably make some mashed rutabaga to go with it (substitute ghee or olive oil for butter and coconut milk for regular milk for the Whole30 version).

That's it for the meat!  I'm planning steam some broccoli, roast some spaghetti squash, and probably cook up a couple more vegetables to go along with it.  What are you cooking this week?

Want more Whole30 tips & recipes?  Come back for a new post everyday this month, and check out these previous posts:


For even more paleo recipes, check out these Whole30 posts from my archives or my Whole30 Pinterest board.  Also, follow me on Instagram to see pics of what I'm eating throughout my Whole30.
Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you. Comments are moderated and sometimes take a few hours to appear.