Tuesday, January 7, 2014

7 Paleo Blogs I Love (Whole30 Day 7)

I love catching up with these blogs on Feedly every morning!
I had a busy day today lesson planning for next week, finally getting around to doing a workout, and cooking an elaborate dinner with my mom (we had these pork chops with roasted cabbage and zucchini, and I made some chicken stock and a batch of ghee for her, too!).  Since I don't have a new recipe to share today, I wanted to tell you about these seven paleo blogs that I absolutely love.  If you've been eating paleo for a while, you probably already know most of them, but if you're new, these are a must to visit often or add to your feedly.  (Do you have a feedly?  I obsessively check mine first thing in the morning and several times throughout the day.  Can't miss a thing from the 45 blogs I follow!)  Even if you don't eat paleo all the time, each of these sites is a one-stop shop for all kinds of delicious & healthy recipes that any person will appreciate.


These blogs are a fabulous place to get both Whole30 meal ideas and recipes for ridiculously awesome paleo treats for when your 30 days are over.  I cook from them all the time.  Bonus: many of these bloggers have written cookbooks!  I don't have them all (yet), but I'm working on it!

Did I miss any of your favorite paleo blogs?  Leave me links in the comments and I'll be sure to check them out!
  1. Nom Nom Paleo--Michelle and Henry have an amazing collection of fabulous recipes, with step-by-step photos and fun cartoons to boot.  I learned to make ghee there, love these Asian chicken thighs, and couldn't even handle the cuteness of these pictures of their kids bonding with elephants in Thailand.  Their cookbook, Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans, just came out!
  2. Against All Grain--Danielle started eating paleo years ago due to health problems, and has amassed a huge collection of elegant recipes for main dishes & desserts alike.  Her cookbook, Against All Grain, quickly became a national bestseller.  I love to make her paleo tortillas to use as crepes or for enchiladas (when I'm not on a Whole30, of course).
  3. Guilty Kitchen--I just did a review of Elizabeth's cookbook, Cooking with Coconut Oil , and LOVED all the recipes I tried.  Several of recipes from the book, plus many more, are on her blog.
  4. Elana's Pantry--This is my go-to blog for simple & reliable recipes with short ingredient lists.  Also, Elana makes an effort to post recipes for people with a wide variety of food allergies and intolerances.  If/when you're not doing a Whole30, try these cupcakes.  She has also written several cookbooks, including The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook and Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry .
  5. Stupid Easy Paleo--Steph is doing a Whole30 this month, too, and I'm so glad to have her supportive and inspirational blog posts as I go along.  She has a great mix of recipes and informational posts, so definitely stop by if you want to learn more about what paleo is and isn't (for example, wondering about white potatoes?  get the skinny--or not-so-skinny--here).
  6. The Clothes Make the Girl--Mel is the author of two fabulous cookbooks, Well Fed and Well Fed 2.  She also contributed the recipes to the book It Starts with Food, which is where the Whole30 comes from!  Since it's cold out, you might want to try this chocolate chili.  Also, two words: sunshine sauce!!
  7. The Spunky Coconut--It's hard to even mention this in a Whole30 post, but Kelly is the author of a book called The Paleo Chocolate Lovers' Cookbook.  This month, though, I'm trying to focus on main dishes from her blog, like Pumpkin Chili and Thai Basil Chicken Soup.

Want more Whole30 tips & recipes?  Come back for a new post everyday this month, and check out these previous posts:

For even more paleo recipes, check out these Whole30 posts from my archives or my Whole30 Pinterest board.  Also, follow me on Instagram to see pics of what I'm eating throughout my Whole30.
Yum

3 comments:

  1. That's why I'm not posting every. single. day. Lol. I couldn't keep up! Plus, I'm eating so many leftovers that I don't have enough recipes for 30 different days.

    Glad it's going well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah. It's a lot, but I like having a big goal to keep me on track...my traffic has gone up a lot, too!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you. Comments are moderated and sometimes take a few hours to appear.