Thursday, July 25, 2013

10 Delicious Recipes Paleoified


I am going strong on the fourth day of my Whole30!  I've been taking a look at my recipe index, trying to find more recipes I can tweak to make them paleo.  I like variety, and it can't ALL be about almond flour pancakes and zucchini noodles.  The more dishes I have in my paleo arsenal, the more likely I am to successfully stay full and on track.

This weekend is going to be a big challenge, because I'm heading down to Austin for my cousin's wedding.  It's going to be really hard to say no to tacos and wedding cake!  I'm thinking about relaxing my standards a TINY bit while I'm there...nothing too crazy, but maybe a little barbecue sauce.  Do you guys know any great Austin restaurants where I might be able to get great food without straying too far from my paleo intentions?  If you do, leave me a comment!  I'll take some pictures while I'm out and about and share with you when I get back.

So, without further ado, here are ten recipes from my index along with easy ways to make sure they're paleo.

1.  Gambas al ajillo--this recipe is ALREADY paleo!  It would be great over zucchini noodles.


2.  Baked Eggs with Chives--omit the parmesan and use coconut milk instead of the cream (or just leave that out).  This would be great with some more herbs added in, too.  If you haven't tried baked eggs, get on it!


3.  Berry Coconut Smoothie--leave out the protein powder, or use a paleo version (I just discovered this site and haven't tried their products, but it looks interesting!).


4.  Chocolate Mousse--sweeten with honey to taste instead of sugar.  If you haven't tried this, check it out--there is a secret ingredient and it's SO easy and decadent!


5.  Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Creamy Rutabaga--use coconut milk instead of the milk or cream.


6.  Vietnamese Pork & Vermicelli Bowl--omit the sugar and vermicelli (add more veggies if you like), use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce, and cook the scallions in coconut oil instead of canola oil.


7.  Garlic Honey Grilled Shrimp--already paleo!  


8.  Spring Salad with Citrusy Shallot Vinaigrette--already paleo.  It would be great with some of the garlic honey grilled shrimp on top!


9.  Jerk Chicken with Avocado & Papaya Salad--omit the sugar from the jerk seasoning.


10.  Coconut Frappuccino--sweeten with honey instead of agave nectar.


If you have any links to paleo recipes you love, leave them in the comments!


Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you. Comments are moderated and sometimes take a few hours to appear.